I’m writing on behalf of the American Aperture Awards, also known as AX3, an international open call for photography possessing uncommon vision. This opportunity is open to photographers of all backgrounds and experience. Our goal is to celebrate the best photos taken by new and emerging talent, as well as professionals, from around the work and award their photographic insights. Fifteen category winners will be selected, some will be awarded an honorarium, as well as the following:
- Access to Top Tier Photography Gallery Directors
- Gallery Representation
- An International Audience with an Exhibition in the U.S. and Australia
- Winning photos will be featured in Fabrik Magazine and blog (viewed by collectors, gallerists and curators throughout the world)
- Published in the Annual, an new iPad/Android App showcasing the World’s Best Photography
- Press release and newsletter announcements to over 65,000 collectors, gallerists, art directors, and advertising executives.
We would like to invite your students to participate in this competition. Through AX3, student’s work will be introduced to gallery directors currently seeking emerging photographers to represent. Winning students will be published in The Annual, as well as Fabrik Magazine. In addition to representation and publication, AX3 will feature winning works in exhibitions at top institutions in the U.S. and Australia. Entering this competition is a wonderful way for your students to gain exposure for their work while building their resumes and reputation in the art world.
Attached is a digital postcard, which we hope will be sent out to students enrolled in your photography program. We would like to send a press kit to your college as well, with a poster and flyers for your students. Can you please confirm your department’s mailing address?
If there is a particular student group, professor, or department for whom this competition would be especially fitting, we would appreciate if you would forward this on to them. Thank you for your assistance in helping spread the word to your students.
The deadline is May 19 and we are looking forward to having your college involved.
For more information about the competition please visit: http://ax3.cc